US Payroll Specialist | San Jose, Costa Rica
Posted: Jul 8, 2020 7:45:23 AM
CloudPay is looking for an ideal candidate to be responsible for the successful processing of US Payrolls for a SAAS based provider of global payroll.
The position requires experience in US payroll that includes a working knowledge of taxes, reciprocity agreements and local taxation. The person in this position will ensure the accuracy of payroll and payroll-related information for internal & SSAE 16 audits, in addition to processing payrolls in accordance with all established statutory requirements and internal processes.
"This position requires excellent customer service skills, the ability to resolve client issues using effective problem-solving skills, and the ability to multi-task are essential"
Package and Benefits:
- Competitive annual salary and benefits package
- 15 vacation days plus public holidays
- Private Medical Insurance
- Personal and professional development opportunities
- Friendly working environment
Attributes and Experience Required:
- Business software experience required: MS Excel, MS Word, Email Apps
- Business software experience preferred but not required: MS Project, Google Apps
- 3 – 5 years (min) experience in US payroll processing
- Fluent in English
- Kronos (US Payroll application) knowledge is a plus.
- Strong organisational and multi-tasking skills to meet deadlines
- Knowledge of payroll rules and processing
- High School Diploma Required
- Bachelor’s degree preferred but not required
- Accounting and Bookkeeping experience would be an advantage
- Strong communication and collaboration skills
- Team player with the ability to share information and interact positively with others
- Flexible approach to working hours
- Assertive action and decision-making skills
- Forward-thinking, able to plan and organise own workload
Daily Duties and Main Responsibilities will include:
- Calculate US Payroll in Kronos for CloudPay's customers
- Ability to reconcile pre-processing reports to ensure accuracy of information prior to processing payroll
- Research discrepancies of payroll information and/or documentation to ensure accuracy and adherence to procedures prior to processing
- Maintains payroll information, files and records to provide up-to-date reference and audit trail for compliance.
- Analyse payroll related information to ensure accurate distribution of funds and payroll
- Prepares reports, tax filings, correspondence and other written materials (including but not limited to monthly payroll reports, transmittal memos) as written reference or for compliance with district, state, national or international statutory requirements
- Assist in the validation of payroll requirements to ensure that sufficient information is provided by the client to enable set-up and configuration are completed successfully
- Partner with the Implementation Consultants to ensure successful knowledge transfers are completed between Project Delivery to Operations
- Support any parallel runs if testing is needed on a new requirement
- Support the Software Release process by validating that new features have been accurately developed