Technical Project Manager | Andover, UK
Posted: Jan 29, 2021 9:25:34 AM
CloudPay is currently seeking an enthusiastic technical project manager, to work within the Infrastructure and Security Operations towers, dealing with the day to day management of global projects and BAU work.
This is an exciting role working with engineers across the globe, with lots of opportunities to expand your knowledge, and progress your career in a rapidly growing business.
Reporting to the Global Head of Infrastructure, you will manage the day-to-day workload of a globally diverse Infrastructure Engineering team, running stand-ups and KanBan ceremonies, such as review and planning sessions.
You will ensure tasks are dealt with in a timely and acceptable manner, and assist the team in escalating issues and blockers to senior management and other teams as required.
You’ll also assist the Head of Infrastructure with new projects, from start-up to completion, and suggest and implement improvements to existing processes, as well as new ones.
Attributes and Experience Required:
- Qualified in Agile/Lean project management or with the equivalent industry experience, preferably in complex, fast moving, multi-disciplined projects
- A decent technical understanding of IT Infrastructure and IT Security, preferably with previous experience working in the technology/engineering space
- A good understanding, and experience in running Sprints and KanBans, and other agile methodologies, including running ceremonies
- 2+ years in a similar role
- Excellent organisational, planning and time management skills
- Excellent resource management experience - both internal and external
- Good at writing clear and concise process documentation when required
- A strong team player
- Experience with Atlassian suite (JIRA, Confluence), or other similar project management/documentation tools
- Vendor Management
- Budget Management
- ITIL experience
- Structured Agile (Prince2 Agile for example) would be a bonus
- Some global travel may be required
- Manage the day to day workload of a team of globally distributed IT Infrastructure engineers, including both Operational and Project work
- Running daily standups
- Running review and planning sessions with the team
- Escalation of issues and blockers as required
- Writing and updating process documentation
- Assisting the Head of Infrastructure with the kick of new projects, including research, vendor selection and management
- Assisting with grooming backlogs and planning
- Suggesting changes and improvements to methodologies, processes, policies and products
- Reporting of performance metrics