Software Engineer (Engineering Support) | San Jose, Costa Rica
Posted: Apr 20, 2021 3:49:26 AM
Our fast-growing team in Costa Rica is looking for an energetic, passionate and inquisitive person to help form our new Costa Rica engineering team by helping to maintain, extend, and support our existing applications and to drive their evolution to meet the challenges of the future.
“Support Software Engineers will work closely with peers globally and across functions, utilizing analytical skills and collaboration tools to grant platform stability."
Package and Benefits:
- Competitive annual salary and benefits package
- 15 vacation days plus public holidays
- Private Medical Insurance
- Personal and professional development opportunities
- Friendly and flexible working environment.
Attributes and Experience Required:
- Strong working knowledge of Java, including the following technologies and best practices: Core Java 1.8, JDK 11+, Spring (Framework, MVC, Security, REST etc), Hibernate (Validator, etc.), and Test driven development practices.
- Competent experience with SQL using MySQL/MariaDB and NoSQL using MongoDB
- Strong communication skills, ability to collaborate, coordinate, show attention to detail and follow a task through to completion
- Technically curious; keep abreast of new technologies, frameworks, trends etc.
- Experience with maintaining, extending, supporting, an enterprise-grade platform with a mixture of modern and legacy code. Comfortable with reading/debugging code which is unfamiliar to determine how it works and what may be causing production problems.
- 5+ years of experience
- Exposure to PHP, Bash/Linux scripting
- Comfortable with using the following tools: Eclipse IDE, Maven, Mercurial, Git and Atlassian suite of collaboration and development tools
- Experience using Java libraries for the parsing and manipulation of PDF documents, Excel documents, XML, XSL transformation
- Exposure to WorkDay PECI/PICOF formats; familiarity with XLS libraries (ideally POI)
- Experience in application security and secure coding practices
- Experience working with Docker and AWS technologies.
Daily Duties and Main Responsibilities will include:
- Review incoming support cases for Engineering to ensure all necessary information is provided. Where tickets are incomplete or misdirected, gather more information or refer to the appropriate department
- Conduct initial investigation, respond to users, troubleshoot and fix production support issues routed to Engineering. Where problems require specialist knowledge, engage the right resources to collaboratively resolve the issue
- Follow-through support cases to completion, while working in close collaboration with support engineers in EMEA and APAC (“follow the sun”); ensuring users are informed of root cause and progress
- Committed to continually improving own coding and technical knowledge; helping others to develop their skills and knowledge
- Develop small enhancements, clear technical debt for production systems and develop platform support tool to aid problem diagnosis.