Software Engineer | Andover, UK
Posted: Jun 8, 2021 6:49:22 AM
Working as part of an Engineering Team to design, build, test and support features for the CloudPay Platform.
Package and Benefits:
- Competitive annual salary
- 24 days annual leave, plus bank holidays
- Flexible pension contribution
- Life assurance x4
- Private medical insurance
- Personal and professional development opportunities
- Friendly and flexible working environment.
Attributes and Experience Required:
- Proven experience developing enterprise scale applications
- Knowledge of NoSQL Database technologies (e.g. MongoDB) as well as conventional SQL database systems. Ability to write complex queries that perform underload.
- Knowledge of opensource Java frameworks, at least one of which will be Spring Framework/Spring Boot
- Exposure to modern Cloud architectures such as micro services, container or serverless applications
- Front end coding capabilities; will be familiar with at least one recent version of a popular UI Framework (e.g. Angular, ReactJS, VueJs etc)
- Familiar with TDD tools such as Junit and associated mocking frameworks.
- Familiar with BDD testing tools (e.g cucumber)
- Experience with Build Pipelines (e.g. Jenkins, BamBoo)
- Experience with version control and configuration systems (e.g. Git, SVN); use in the development life cycle.
- Experience using command line tools and the Linux shell; ideally comfortable with scripting in Linux.
- Able to work as part of an Agile Team; supporting colleagues be they the Product Owner, fellow engineers or QA Engineers
- Effective communication, both written and verbal
- Personable, able to work with colleagues at all levels of the organization
- Working knowledge of Agile/Lean practices; sufficient to be able to work as an effective member of a Project Team.
Daily Duties and Main Responsibilities will include:
- Design, unit test and code of user stories; “full stack”, i.e. front and backend code.
- Writing code that is secure and sufficient to meet the expected threat profile
- Building automated test scripts as required to support the Quality Assurance Engineers during the development life cycle
- Undertaking code reviews to ensure the quality of the CloudPay code base adheres to agreed standards; constructive feedback to colleagues where code could be improved
- Build and configuration of containers, automation scripts for build pipelines
- Active contribution to code quality standards
- Being part of an agile team; contributing to the overall team success
- Committed to continually improving own coding and technical knowledge; helping others to develop their skills and knowledge
- Support and Diagnosis
- Investigation of platform issues that cause the platform (or part of it) to fail or perform poorly.