Senior Infrastructure Engineer (DevOps) | Andover, UK
Posted: Sep 4, 2019, 7:01:48 AM
This is a great opportunity to join a highly skilled, high functioning team; as part of a rapidly expanding global business.
If you’re a self-starter, that likes a challenge and is looking for an exciting, expanding infrastructure/DevOps role, where you can have a real impact, this could be the one for you.
Package and Benefits:
- Competitive annual salary
- 24 days annual leave, plus bank holidays
- 4% pension contribution
- Life assurance x4
- Private medical insurance
- Personal and professional development opportunities
- Friendly working environment
Attributes and Experience Required:
- 3+ Years in a similar role
- Good documentation and communications skills
- Relevant degree, similar qualifications/experience
- Significant experience administering and supporting Linux systems
- Team player
- Security focused, with a solid understanding of crypto
- DevOps (Puppet/Ansible/Docker)
- Networking (TCP IP, DNS, NAT, Security)
- Virtualized infrastructure
- Atlassian (JIRA, Confluence)
- Windows (inc Powershell)
- Checkpoint Firewall
- Fortinet Firewall
- Juniper/Cisco switches
- DBA experience (MySQL, MongoDb, MSSQL)
- Messaging (RabbitMQ)
- Xenserver virtualisation
- Supermicro hardware
Daily Duties and Main Responsibilities Will Include:
- Supporting the live, test and development Environments.
- Maintaining, and improving the integrity and availability of our production service.
- Delivery of infrastructure projects, through development, test, and into production.
- Documenting and Improving existing projects and processes.
The ideal candidate will have a great working knowledge of scripting (bash), support and administration of Linux systems and the initiative to propose improvements to existing infrastructure solutions using the DevOps toolsets.
Also, excellent knowledge of networking - including, but not limited to network configuration, switches, firewalls (physical, native linux).