Partner Payroll Specialist, AMER | San José, Costa Rica
Posted: Jan 25, 2019 5:42:44 AM
This position will be responsible for the successful processing of Latin American Payrolls for a SAAS based provider of global payroll. The position requires experience in Brazilian payroll that includes a working knowledge of taxes, Union agreements and local taxation.
The person in this position will ensure the accuracy of payroll and payroll-related information for internal & SSAE 16 audits, in addition to processing payrolls in accordance with all established statutory requirements and internal processes. Excellent customer service skills, the ability to resolve client issues using effective problem solving skills and the ability to multi-task are essential.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Ability to reconcile pre-processing reports to ensure accuracy of information prior to processing payroll
- Research discrepancies of payroll information and/or documentation to ensure accuracy and adherence to procedures prior to processing.
- Maintain payroll information, files and records to provide up-to-date reference and audit trail for compliance
- Analyze payroll related information to ensure accurate distribution of funds and payroll
- Prepare reports, tax filings, correspondence and other written materials (including but not limited to monthly payroll reports, transmittal memos) as written reference or for compliance with district, state, national or international statutory requirements
- Assist in the validation of payroll requirements to ensure that sufficient information is provided by the client to enable set-up and configuration are completed successfully
- Partner with the Implementation Consultants to ensure successful knowledge transfers are completed between Project Delivery to Operations
- Support any parallel runs if testing is needed on a new requirement
- Support the Software Release process by validating that new features have been accurately developed
- Business software experience required: MS Excel, MS Word, Email Apps
- Business software experience preferred but not required: MS Project, Google Apps
- 3 – 5 years (min) experience in Latin American payroll processing
- Fluent in English and Spanish
- Strong organizational and multi-tasking skills to meet deadlines
- Knowledge of payroll rules and processing
- High School Diploma Required
- Bachelor’s degree preferred but not required
- Accounting and Bookkeeping experience would be an advantage
- Strong communication and collaboration skills
- Team player with ability to share information and interact positively with others
- Flexible approach to working hours.
- Assertive action and decision-making skills
- Forward thinking, able to plan and organize own workload
- Self-advancement skills to develop own effectiveness
- Competitive salary and benefits package
- Personal and professional development opportunities
- Career progression
- Friendly working environment