LATAM Payroll Specialist | San Jose, Costa Rica
Posted: Feb 23, 2021 8:40:42 AM
Our fast growing team in Costa Rica are looking for an experience LATAM Payroll Specialist, This position will be responsible for the successful processing of Latin American Payrolls for a SAAS based provider of global payroll. The position requires experience in LATIN America payrolls that includes a working knowledge of taxes, Union agreements and local taxation.
“LATAM Payroll Specialist: The person in this position will ensure the accuracy of payroll and payroll-related information for internal & SSAE 16 audits, in addition to processing payrolls in accordance with all established statutory requirements and internal processes and ad-hoc duties as needed and able to work collaboratively with Cloudpay global payroll operations team."
- Competitive annual salary and benefits package
- 15 vacation days plus public holidays
- Private Medical Insurance
- Personal and professional development opportunities
- Friendly and flexible working environment
- Fluent in Spanish
- Intermediate English
- Bachelor’s degree or High School Diploma
- With at least 3 years experience in Latin American payroll processing
- Accounting and Bookkeeping experience would be an advantage
- Knowledge of payroll rules and processing
- Business software experience required: MS Excel, MS Word, Email Apps
- Strong communication skills, organizational and multi-tasking skills to meet deadlines
- Assertive action and decision-making skills
- Forward thinking, able to plan and organize own workload
- Team player with ability to share information and interact positively with others.
- Ability to reconcile pre-processing reports to ensure accuracy of information prior to processing payroll.
- Research discrepancies of payroll information and/or documentation to ensure accuracy and adherence to procedures prior to processing
- Maintains payroll information, files and records to provide up-to-date reference and audit trail for compliance
- Analyze payroll related information to ensure accurate distribution of funds and payroll
- Prepares reports, tax filings, correspondence and other written materials (including but not limited to monthly payroll reports, transmittal memos) as written reference or for compliance with district, state, national or international statutory requirements
- Assist in the validation of payroll requirements to ensure that sufficient information is provided by the client to enable set-up and configuration are completed successfully
- Partner with the Implementation Consultants to ensure successful knowledge transfers are completed between Project Delivery to Operations
- Support any parallel runs if testing is needed on a new requirement
- Support the Software Release process by validating that new features have been accurately developed.