Canada Payroll Specialist | San Jose, Costa Rica
Posted: Oct 23, 2019, 7:42:53 AM
This position will be responsible for the successful processing of Canadian Payrolls for a SAAS based provider of global payroll. The position requires experience in Canadian multi-providence payroll that includes a working knowledge of taxes, reciprocity agreements and local taxation. The person in this position will ensure the accuracy of payroll and payroll-related information for internal & SSAE 16 audits, in addition to processing payrolls in accordance with all established statutory requirements and internal processes.
Package and Benefits:
- Competitive salary
- Full paid Annual Leave
- December bonus
- Private Medical Insurance
- Personal and professional development opportunities
- Friendly working environment
Attributes and Experience Required:
- Business software experience required: MS Excel, MS Word, Email Apps, Google Apps
- 3 – 5 years (min) experience in Canadian multi-province payroll processing
- Strong organizational and multi-tasking skills to meet deadlines.
- Certified Payroll Professional preferred but not required
- High School Diploma Required, Bachelor’s degree preferred but not required
- Accounting and Bookkeeping experience would be an advantage
- US or Latin America payroll experience would be a plus
- Strong communication and collaboration skills.
- Flexible approach to working hours.
- Forward thinking, able to plan and organize own workload
Daily Duties and Main Responsibilities Will Include:
- Ability to reconcile pre-processing reports to ensure accuracy of information prior to processing payroll.
- Research discrepancies of payroll information and/or documentation to ensure accuracy and adherence to procedures prior to processing.
- Maintains payroll information, files and records to provide up-to-date reference and audit trail for compliance.
- Analyze payroll related information to ensure accurate distribution of funds and payroll.
- Prepares reports, tax filings, correspondence and other written materials (including but not limited to monthly payroll reports, transmittal memos, T4’s, and RL-1’s) as written reference or for compliance with city, province, federal or international statutory requirements.
- Assist in the validation of payroll requirements to ensure that sufficient information is provided by the customer to enable set-up and configuration are completed successfully
- Partner with Transition Consultants to ensure successful knowledge transfers are completed between Project Delivery to Operations
- Support any parallel runs if testing is needed on a new requirement
- Support the Software Release process by validating that new features have been accurately developed